Hello friends, back again…
Recently i have got my first laptop. It’s a great feeling to work on it. That’s why, I am here to share the reviews and the specifications of it.
- Wide Screen Display – Really good for development
- Smooth keypad – helps to type faster
- Last but not the least, Very Fast (pronounce it the way Chatur Ramlingam does in 3 idiots :D)
Applications I use:
- O.S. – Kubuntu
- Web Browsers – Firefox, Google Chrome & Opera Browser
- Media Players – VLC, mplayer, Amarok, Juk & Rhythmbox
- IDE – Geany (Kaine), Dreamweaver 8.0 on wine, Kdevelop & Qt Creator
- IM – Kopete
Screen shot & Specifications:
There are some brightness issues with samsung notebook. If you face the same fate, i have some workaround for you.
codef0rmer@codef0rmer:~$ sudo aptitude install samsung-tools samsung-backlight
After installation, try using your function keys and UP or DOWN arrow keys to change your brightness accordingly.
Open /boot/grub/menu.lst file in an editor and locate a line that starts with kernal, and put acpi_backlight=vendor at the end of the line.
e.g. kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.35-24-generic root=UUID=ef738292-5eee-41fe-ad7c-79385dd0b2f3 ro quiet splash acpi_backlight=vendor
and reboot the system.
codef0rmer@codef0rmer:~$ sudo setpci -s 00:02.0 F4.B=29
Where 29 can be 00 to FF
I hope, you would like the updates. Cheers!!!